Omnilead (Brands of Choice) provides permission based marketing services to major high street and online brands. We provide a service designed to deliver sales leads from consumers and businesses who have consented to be contacted.
Omnilead has a wealth of lifestyle and demographic data that we collect directly and openly from consumers and firmographic data collected from publicly available sources and directly from businesses. We do this by publishing a variety of online websites and conducting a range of permission based direct mail, email, sms/mms and telemarking activity on a range of different websites. Omnilead allows consumers and businesses to engage with specific brands or categories of products and services they have indicated they wish to hear from. Omnilead provides a range of other services to companies using our database.
One of Omnilead’s key business objectives is commitment to open and transparent information practices – informing individuals and businesses about how we collect and use personal information and protect the information privacy of those individuals. Personal information is information about an identified individual or one who is reasonably identifiable.
How and what Personal Information we collect, and why
Omnilead collects personal information from individuals when they respond to one of our surveys or competitions or when they request further information from an advertiser or when they submit information about themselves or their business through a website or over the telephone. We collect personal information about you, your contact details, your interests, lifestyle preferences, subjects about and persons from whom you may like to receive communications and information, your interactions and communications with us including your participation in competitions and surveys. If you are submitting information about your business we may collect data such as the type of business and size of business and subjects about and persons from whom you may like to receive communications and information.
If you are a business, we may collect information about your business from publicly available data sources such as online directories and trade publications.
We may also collect information via technology including cookies about you from our websites when you visit which is added to your details if we have collected them and which is used in conjunction with the other information about you, including for enhancing your experience.
A cookie is a small piece of computer code which remains on your computer and contains information which helps us identify your browser and previous information viewed in relation to our service. When you visit our websites the cookie records certain details including the date, time and advertising content of that site. The information we collect in this way may include your Internet service provider’s address, date and time of your visit, Pages accessed and type of browser used.
We may collect information about you from someone else but we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the information collected and the circumstances of collection.
Why we collect Personal Information and what is it used for?Omnilead use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including:
- to send you information, offers and promotions about products and services based on your preferences and any prize notifications (Offers) by mail, phone/SMS/MMS or email;
- in information products and information management services provided to clients and to assist clients to manage consumer information and strengthen communications between consumers, businesses and service providers;
- to administer our database of personal information including improving and personalising Offers, verifying and assessing your identity, maintaining and updating records, developing new products and services;
- to enable brands and advertisers you select to communicate with you;
- to provide information to third parties to enable them to give you Offers and additional information;
- to improve the quality and quantity of information on our websites; and
- for statistical and marketing analysis and analytics.
- if you are a business we may also use the information to publish and maintain online directories to provide directory assistance, internet search and business reviews and referrals
You may opt-out of receiving any Offers and information from Omnilead at any time simply by submitting a request in writing or under the relevant Offer or communication. You can opt out of receiving any Offers and information from a third party to whom we provide your information under the relevant Offer or communication, from that third party.
To whom do we disclose the Personal Information?
Some of the recipients of the personal information, including some of our service providers, are based overseas, in a wide variety of countries (including NZ, US, EU, Philippines, India and South Africa). Before we disclose personal information to local or overseas recipients we take reasonable steps to ensure they have privacy practices that are at least as protective as the Australian Privacy Principles. You consent to the disclosure of your personal information on that basis.
We may disclose personal information to any person or authority where we are required to by law.